You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : May 1998

Re: saharanAmam & gAyathrI mantram Q's

From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian (ramakris_at_erols.com)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 17:36:35 PDT

Mani Varadarajan wrote:

> the concluding portion of the Veda.  Valmiki refers to
> Sita having performed sandhyAvandanam in the Ramayanam.
> Whether or not she recited the gAyatri mahA mantra is not
> stated.

Can you tell me where this occurs? I found the same info in a book
called Om, Gayathri and Sandhya published by the RK Mutt. But, I could
not find this verse in my copy of the Ramayana. Perhaps I over looked
it. Two other references given in this book were spurious. So I was
suspicious about this bit also. Thanks.

Rama.