You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : May 1996

Re: Part I Alwars - Section 2.8 on Periyalwar

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani)
Date: Tue May 07 1996 - 11:04:31 PDT

I request netters to provide some clarification
one one doubt I had. It was recently written:

> As the procession emerged out, there appeared on the sapphire skies Lord
> Vishnu clad in his proverbial pink attire ( Pitambara)

Is not pItAmbara a yellow-colored garment?  This is
how Krishna is normally pictured in the devotional
paintings I have seen.

I was very happy to read about periyaazhvaar thirumozhi
in such detail.  Thank you Sri Ramaswamy for contributing
this post.

Mani