Re: The Eight Qualities to be cultivated

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 23, 2002

Dear ShrI Mani & Other Members:

Regarding the eight qualities to be cultivated.  We also find from ShrI
Gopala Desika Ahnikam the following eight flowers that pleases Lord Vishnu
most:

Ahimsa prathamam pushpam
pushpam indriya nigraha:
sarvabhUta dayA pushpam
kshmA pushpam vishEshata:
shAntif pushpam tapa: pushpam
jnAnam pushpam tathaiva ca
satyam ashtavidam pushpa:
VishnO: prItikaram bhavEt.

These ideals at least tell me one thing -  how far away from the goal am I
and yet aspiring for the fruit of mOkshA (BrhmAnandam).

dAsan

Vijayaraghavan