RE: The why of creation.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 1, 2002

Dear Ranganathan, the issues such as karma, universe in unmanifested form
etc. are all eternal cycles. there was no beginning! this concept is very
hard to agree. I agree that only realization is the real answer, not a
logical text or speech answer which reaches our mind. we have to understand
the concept of cycles:  ie. souls, god, matter in a cycle of unmanifest and
manifest states which alternate and proceed from beginningless time to
eternity. there is no one unmanifest state from which creation proceeds.
there is an infinite number of prior manifest and unmanifest states before
any particular unmanifest state!

you may ask why this cycle? why did god eternally will such vulnerable jivas
who though intrinsically perfect, are liable to bondage due wrong use of
free will? the  deeper irony is that god is perfect and most merciful even
though we are all stuck here!. this can be explained only as a divine lila
which is still a merciful act of God who is an eternal friend to everyone.
the only real answer I have felt as valid is :

bhidyate hridaya granthih chiddhyante sarva samsayah tasmin driste paravare
- all knots in the hearts are untied, all doubts are cleared, when that God
is realized.
asya mahimanam iti vita shokah - svetasvetara,  all this is the glory of the
lord, when one realizes this truth, that person transcends all sorrows.

adiyen krishna