You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : May 2001

Re: UpavAsa vrathAnushtAnams, pAraNam, naimiththika ArAdhanams, pAdukA ArAdhanams

adiyaen_at_hotmail.com
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 18:56:28 PDT

--- In bhakti-list@y..., M.S.HARI Madabhushi Sarangarajan Hari
<mshari@u...> wrote:
> Dear SrI VaishNavas,
>
> I have written detailed articles on the following subjects
> after writing on IgyA (laghu-tiruvArAdhana kramam) &
> Urdva-puNdra dhAraNa vidhi
>
> 1. UpavAsa vrathAnushtAnams (EkAdaSi, SravaNa-dwAdaSI,
> SrI Jayanthi, SrI rAma navami, SrI nrusimha jayanthi etc)
> 2. pAraNam (dwAdaSI, trayOdaSi(after SravaNa dwAdaSI) etc)
> and theertha-pAraNam

Its not without  reason that our ancestors have included UpavAsam and
pAraNam. Scientific evidence clearly states that fasting followed by
a vegetarian diet effectively treats Rheumatoid Arthritis. The pity is
we give up all these simple anushtAnams and later get treated by
allopathic medicine which is notorious for 'Swallow One Tablet Get 10
Side effects free'.

Similar are the reasons behind AhAra Niyamam. Just because we are not
able to scientifically validate them does not prove them invalid. It
just states that science is not yet armed with the right tools. Mere
patch clamps and Atomic Force microscopes arent enough for these.

With Kindest Regards
adiyEn
Rajagopalan Srinivasan