From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 7, 2001

SrI:
SrImathE rAmAnujAya namah:

The word "arangam" in Tamil means: stage. It can also mean the worlds or the
Universe.

AranganAthan- The Master of the Stage- the Master of the wrolds. He is the
Primordial Chiel; nAthan; the Only One, unparalleled and unmatched. He is
Blemishless, Faultless, having the most auspicious KalyANa guNAs.
He is untouched by the impurities of the universe though He is present
inside and outside it and does not have any evil qualities. He has countless
most enjoyable divine attributes.

All the world's a stage; we are all actors. It is all His Play. (leelA); The
whole world (Universe) is His leelA vibhUthi.

It is His compassion that He has given us opportunity of these human births
and has blessed us with a thinking / contemplating about Him.

Swamy Desikan has composed upakara sangraham enlisting all His Help
(upakaaram) to us.

my two cents worth.
Regards
Narayana Narayana