Re: Digest Number 37

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 16, 2000

Srimad venkata lakshmana Yativaraya namah.

Dear Bhagavatas,

Firstly, let me thank Sriman Narasimhacharyar for enlightening the likes of me thru his excellent translation of vyakhyanams of several Acharyas for the divine names of Bhagavan.

Now, let me attempt to answer the question of Sri Agarwal.

In fact, I have read a similar opinion expressed by a novleist in his serial based on historical fiction in a Telugu weekly.

however, there are a few more evidences in SV records to show that Krimikantha was anti vaishnava.

   Ananthalwan, author of Venkatachaletihasamala, and a direct disciple of Sri ramanuja, refers to krimikantha as anyApadESya (whose name is not worth mentioning) in his work. He also gives account of how the temple of lord Govindaraja of Thirucchitthirakoodam (Chidambaram) Divya Desam was demolished by the king and the idol of the presiding deity thrown away into sea. Bhagavadramanuja heard about this, installed Govindaraja in tirupati and got a very big temple constructed for Him.

Author of Thirumalai oLugu, another ancient record of historical events related to Tirupati temple, also expresses similar sentiments in his work.

Vishnu