Re: A doubt

From the Bhakti List Archives

• May 12, 2000

dear bhagavathas,
the answer to sri govindarajan's doubt lies in sri
rAmAnujar's saraNagati gadyam which is the basic
fundamental document to be relied upon regarding any
doubts on prapatti. in his plea to the lord (which is
on behalf of all his sishyas and their sishyas and so
on , which includes all of us also), sri rAmAnujar
says that please forgive me for all the mistakes i
have committed, the mistakes i am commiting and those
which i will commit. - past, present and future!
therefore, after prapatti also the apachArams go to
the AchAryan and through him to his AchAryan and so on
until it reaches sri rAmAnujA himself! - that is the
greatness of sri rAmAnujA and sri vaishnavism. but, be
sure that your prapatti is a true prapatti, the
definition of which is given elsewhere. refer to
draupati's saraNAgathi. the lord came to her aid only
when she lifted both her hands and cried
anAtharakshakA etc. if the saraNAgathi is really true,
there will be no such doubts in ones mind.
a good translation of gadya trayam, with foreward from
Sri ahObila matam jeer and highly commended by sri
mukkur lakshmi narasimhachariar swamigal isavailable
for sale in madhya kailas, 1 sardar patel road, adyar,
tharamani post, chennai.
adiyen, rAmAnuja dAsan
narasimhan
--- "T. R. Govindarajan"