You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : March 1999

Re: Gitabhashya

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 18:36:41 PST

Dear Anbil Maama,

Thanks for your note. I think I was unclear in my previous
email. M.R. Sampatkumaran's translation of the Gitabhashya
has the Sanskrit mUlam of the Gita, but not the mUlam of
Ramanuja's bhashya.

I think everyone who has any interest in the Gita or
Ramanuja should obtain Sri Sampatakumaran's translation.
A devout student of Visishtadvaita, he studied the bhashya
in the traditional manner under Sri Karappangadu Venkatachariar
Swami, an outstanding acharya of modern times.

rAmAnuja dAsan,
Mani