You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : March 1999

RE: Gitabhashya

From: Krishna Kalale (kkalale1_at_san.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 17:10:16 PST

Dear members,

Both books M.R Sampath kumaran ( MRS) and Swami Adidevananda (SA) are
somewhat tough to read since the english translations are complicated, more
so with M.R Sampathkumaran's book than Swami Adidevananda's.  However, a
summary of Ramanuja Bhasya by S.S Raghavachar - "Ramanuja on Gita"
available from Ramakrishnashrama press anywhere or Vivekananda Vedanta
society, is a great book for starters who just want a quick essence or  Sri
Ramanuja Bhasya.  However, sentence to sentence translation is provided in
MRS and SA.

Krishna Kalale