You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : March 1999

Re: Sravana DhvAdasi /KaaradayAn nOnbhu: March 14(Maasi SravaNam )

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_best.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 11:09:45 PST

Dear Bhaktas,

I would like a clarification on the 'Saradu pandigai'.
I was told by some relatives that Sri Vaishnavas do not
call this day a 'nOnbu', since Sri Vaishnavas do not
perform any 'nOnbu' to propitiate the Lord for lesser
desires.

Do you agree? Even Andal's pAvai nOnbu is merely a
pretext and not really a vratam; so is it true that
paramaikAntis do not observe vratams for any fruit,
other than as bhagavat-kainkaryam?

I thank members in advance for their responses.

rAmAnuja dAsan
Mani