Melkote, Thirumazhisai aazhvaar

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 3, 1997

[note forwarded on behalf of Murali Vanamamalai]

From: Murali Vanamamalai
Date:  3 Mar 97 13:35:43 EDT

Dear Sri.  Mani,

I thought I could post this even after unsubscribing. But this came came back.
If you dont mind, would appreciate if you could kindly post this to bakthi-list
.  I will subscribe next week with my new ID.

Thank you,

Adiyen
Murali

Srimathe Ramanujaaya Namaha:

Sri Sudarshan wrote ........
 Most members make generous use of Sanskrit and Tamil expressions in their
 learned and interesting posts. It is a wonder how beautifully sometimes
 these Sanskrit and Tamil expressions blend with English in some your posts
 (I will post examples later)!!

 Thirumashisai Alwar has confirmed/approved this.

                    VithaiyAga  narThamishai  vitree
                    En  uLLathai  Nee vilaithai
                    Katra MoshiyAgi  Kalandhu

---- Naanmugan Thiruvandhadhi

In order to make my heart fall for You, You used TAMIL as the seed.  I dont
remember the whole pasuram  though,

This refers to visit to India of Sri Anbil Ramaswamy. Since this may be useful
to everyone I thought I will post it.

Thirunarayana Puram (Melkottai)

                We know that SriRamanujar 's close connection to  this Sthalam
. We know that SriRamanuja went to Delhi and called   "Varai  Chella Pillai !"
and the Lord came to him.     After coming back he had written a detailed note
of how this Emberuman is like a small new  born child and how we have to handle
HIM like a tender baby and all the outpourings of Sri Ramanuja.  This OOlai
Chuvadi is signed
by SRI RAMANUJAN    On seeing  that I could not believe what ever the JEEYAR
was explaining after that  Words cannot explain the feelings  that we could
even get to see the HAND WRIITEN  Chuvadi of  SRI RAMANUJA after about 900 and
odd years.
It is available in Sri Ehiraja Jeeyar Swami Mutt in Melkote.   If any one
happens to visit you may keep this in mind. I had theDashan of this on the day
of Vairamudi Sevai  on Feb 18 ,1986.   (month of Maasi ).  This has become more
valuble to me somehow.  I felt as if I had met Sri Ramanujar in person and that
is not surprising since ManavalaMamuni says
                                         Alwargal thangal avatharitha
nalgalinum
                                         Vashvana Naal namakku
Mannulagir

Alwars  are great no doubt, But for us  Sri Ramanuja is the only WAY.

Incidentally   the Nanmugan Thiruvandhadhi above is the one that is being
chanted for Vairamudi Sevai. And do you know why all the Prabhais for most
Perumals just adorn the Lord above his kreetam and only in Melkote
VairamudiSevai the Prabhai is just open both sides and you can see the Vaira
Mudi from the top if you are flying for instance. The reason is this Sevai is
so important that all the Devas including Devendra comes to worship  this Lord
it seems and to aid this the Prabhai is not covering the Lord's Kreetam as
usual.

 Adiyan
Murali