You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : March 1996

While in India

From: Venkatesh Elayavalli/DCOM (vke_at_cypress.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 1996 - 11:33:32 PST

DEar Members,

I was in India (Madras) in Feb, and had the opportunity to go to
some book store in Madras. I found some interesting books in
Tamil. I purchased the following books.

	1. Guru parambarai vaibavam - a detailed account of all
				our aachaaryas till sri manavaaLa maamunigal.

	2. text (vialakka vurai) on Pillai Locacharya's Srivachana Bhooshanam.

	3. Text on saranaagati and vaikunda gadhyam
	4. text on Mukunda Malai.

They also have lotsof other publications on the 4000 prabhandam and other
vaishnava related works (like Sir Manavaala Mamuni's life hostory
and works). These books are bublished by "Aazhvaar Amudha n^ilayam" in
Madras. It will be more popular, if they can publish english translation of
these books.

-Venkatesh