Re: Betr: RE: christianity : Hinduism comparison

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 31, 1995

In Subra_Suresh.STU@RXG.Xerox.com>, Subra_Suresh.stu@rxg.xerox.com wrote:

>Krishna wrote the other day:
><was about 5th century B.C.>>
>I read recently in the book ºGeiste Indiensº by von Veltheim: Lord Krishna died on 18. February 3102 B.C.
>Suresh

There are two "scales" of dating.

One using the planet positions, events etc. mentioned in the text
itself. That places Mahabharata yudhdham /Kaliyugam as 3102 BC.

The other by relative references in other works and archeological
evidences if any. That would place all of Mahabharatha and Ramayana
between 1500 BC and 500 BC. That is after MohenjoDaro and before
Budhha.

In the former scale the tradition places the azhvars from 4000.
The first Tamil Sangam as 7000 BC. etc.
I have seen people who laugh at these, yet want to believe the
Mahabharata was in 3102 BC!!

Srinivasan K