Re: [SriRangaSri] Chanting of the Prabandham the best possible way

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 15, 2003

Priya Bhagawatas,
We are all  tiniest of the kids and remain so throughout our life  in front of  Lord Srimannarayana and Nityasoori brundam.  Just as a mother not only excuses her child but enjoys its talking with  loss of clarity, grammar, pronunciation etc., Perumal and His parivaaram enjoy our chanting and  excuse us for our mistakes while chanting the Divya Prabandham or any stothram; but it is
our duty to  ask for the apologies at the end for our ignorance like "Mantraheenam, kriya heenam Bhaktiheenam Janardhana.................and Yadakshara padabrahstam maatra heenantu yadbhaveth tatsarvam kshamya ta devam naarayana namostutey."  But from time to time we also should put some efforts to correct ourselves slowly.  Thus instead of  not chanting at all on the pretext of
possible errors, it is better to  continue chanting and ask for apologies at the end, as nobody what ever  experienced one may be cannot guarantee 100% accuracy in chanting

Jai Srimannarayana

Dr.Kilambi Ramakrishna Ramanuja Dasan