Re: Lord Narasimha

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 10, 2003

Dear Srinath,

The lord did not give prahlada  moksha, bcoz he wanted
to set prahlada as an example to other asuras, he
wanted the other asuras also to follow the path of
devotion and get their life enhanced, ( here the lord
clearly shows his karuna bhavam towards the other
ignorant asura's).

Thanks
Sridhar.S

--- Srinath Venkatakrishnan
 wrote:
> Dear Sridhar,
> My question was different. Let me rephrase it. In
> general, Death has to be honoured". That is what
> Lord Rama showed us during Vali and Ravana's death.
> But only in this avataram, why he acted this way of
> wearing the intestines of a dead person?  If you say
> that he was so caring for his bhaktha (here it is
> prahlada), why he did not give moksha to prahlada? I
> think that i have presented the question properly.
> Thanks,
> Srinath

Do you Yahoo!?
http://webhosting.yahoo.com