Re: a request

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 28, 2003

Shree Paranguca Naidu

We got into these situations with no brahmins left in agrahaarams even
to do puja to temples only because they did not receive enough financial
support to survive in the society.  Temples are getting locked in the
villages . One can handover to the Govt but those that have been handed
over are in a pathetic situation too.  Unless the income is more than
the expence, the appointed officers would not care.

My cousin in agrahaaram near Rajapet in cadapa district faced a similar
situation where Shree Venkateswara temple built by his father and grand
father needed proper pundits to perform.  He contacted JET or H.H.
Chinna Narayana Jeer and now they took over the operation of the temple.
 Whatever the lands my cousin owned were handed over for the maintenance
of the temple.

I suggest that you can contact JET organization and see if they can
help.  Remember it is a non-profit organization and they can not do much
unless the local people come forward for financial backing.

My best wishes.

Hari OM!
Sadananda