How to join the sister email groups

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 11, 2002

sridhar .S writes:
> Can u kindly lets us know if the others groups
> sv-rituals , sv-generals...... have been created ,
> since i am not able to find these in the yahoo group
> listings.

Dear Friends,

As most of you know, I announced that I have created several
new email groups so that we can have more focussed and
organized discussions. There will be little if any duplication
of messages between these groups.  All messages are still
welcome; but please try to send them to the appropriate
place.  The bhakti-list is intended for serious discussion
of the core texts of our tradition, focussing on Sri Ramanuja's
philosophy and the works of the Alvars.

Here are clear instructions on joining each of the other groups.

1) Joining group "sv-general", for general discussions
of Sri Vaishnava topics, including works of post-Ramanuja
acharyas, Sri Vaishnava news, announcements of events,
fundraising appeals, and all other questions and requests:

     OR

   Email sv-general-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

2) Joining group "sv-rituals", for focussed discussion
of rites and rituals related to the Sri Vaishnava tradition,
including temple festivals and celebrations, household
and personal worship, mantra-japa, bhagavad ArAdhana,
sandhyAvandana.  All questions of a "how to" or "why do I"
nature related to ritual and practice are suitable matter
for discussion.

     OR

   Email sv-general-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

3) Joining group "sv-poetry", for translations and explanations
of Vaishnava devotional poetry, primarily by acharyas and
saints who succeeded Sri Ramanuja.  Translations of relevant
Vaishnava poetry in other languages and other saints are also
welcome (Tyagaraja, Purandara Dasa, Surdas, etc. generally
very much welcome)

     OR

   Email sv-poetry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

4) Joining group "sv-lectures", for announcements of telephone
and live lectures by Sri Vaishnava scholars. A very low traffic
email list.

     OR

   Email sv-lectures-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I will slowly try to transfer members to each of these groups.
This may take a few weeks. Please subscribe yourself if you
would live to participate immediately.

Thanks,