Re: Grahastashrama - Query of Shri Deepak Vinod

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 7, 2002

Namaskaaram to all Bhaktas and Shri Vinod.

I would like to answer your query in the following
manner:

One of the ways of Achieving Salvation (moksha) or
attaining the Lotus Feet of Lord Shri Krishna is by
practising Grahastashrama. There is no question of
having boundaries between two souls and there is no
requirment of getting detachment from the spouse.

The concept of Saptapathi (during marriage) is as
follows:

The bride and groom take their vows as they complete
seven steps around the holy fire and till the seven
steps are completed they are not deemed as man and
wife.
“together we shall
1. Live together forever as one
2. Care and respect each other and our families and
protect and enhance the-reputation or both families
3. Achieve prosperity virtuously and help one and
another in fulfilling our dreams
4. Raise children to be strong and healthy in mind,
body and soul
5. Share a lifetime of fun, laughter, happiness and
sorrow
6. Always be true, honest, faithful to each other
7. Keep our family united, strong and harmonious and
strive to be noble".

This is what Sanatana Dharma says about
Grahastashrama:-

As per the Vedic history  in Brahmacharya, Grahasta,
Vana-Prasta  and Sanyasa way of  living, Grahasta way
of living is  the  greatest  and deciding  one,  which
controls the entire body  mechanism  like a  breath
of  life. That is  why our learned sages always used
to tell to be aware about the true glory and  the
infinite  happiness of  The Grahasthashrama
[Matrimonial Zone].  If  one  wants  to  enter  the
holy zone of  Grahasthashrama, then  the death of
selfishness should occur  in  the deeper  roots of
the mind. If Grahasthashrama is not functioning in a
proper  manner  then  there  will be severe disorder
in  the deeper  roots of  the human happiness.  The
inward  movement  of  The Grahasthashrama  can decide
the  entire  civilization  of  the society. The
Mahabharata says, "Grahasthashrama  is  a concept  of
a single soul dwelling in two bodies. It is a movement
of two dead halves to become one."

As per the Eternal law  of  Grahastashrama,
"Matrimony" with an  unconditional  love  is  a
highest  ocean of  bliss  for which no happiness  will
 be comparable. As per the law of  nature, each
contradiction of each family is an outcome of the
conditioned  relationship.  In the state of  the
conditioned  relationship  the divine  togetherness
is  impossible,  and hence  enjoying  life  will
become  an  absolute  mirage.

Nowadays, estrogen compounds is also increasing  at a
tremendous rate in each  human  body.  Estrogen is a
chemical that sparks high rate of sexual desire in
every human brain. Because of this inward happenings
human has almost  become helpless to maintain a
balance between the body and the mind.  In  this
crucial juncture, one  can come  out  from  this
stressful zone only after knowing the Eternal beauty
and the Sanathana excellence of the Absorption. To
reach this highest state of human excellence a compete
transparent and honest relationship  is  an  absolute
need. Only  in  the transparent and honest
relationship one can enjoy the completeness of the
soul. This is an unavoidable law of nature. One who
cannot realize nature's this Eternal Truth will remain
only on the surface and inwardly suffer, till the last
breath. Thus, searching for happiness will become a
never-ending painful process.

If want of materialistic pleasures cause a hindrance
its better that one observe his nitya karma
anushtaanam (Doing trikaala sandhya vandanam,Chanting
Gayathri Mantram and if possible Agni hotram). This
would give you more confidence and in this way I would
recommend practising Grahastashrama is one of the ways
to achieve salvation.

I humbly request the Learned Bhaktas to correct if
there is any mistake in the above content.

Hare Rama Hare Rama Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

http://mail.yahoo.com/