Re: Help needed

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 4, 2002

Dear SrI Krishna Kumar:

At 08:10 PM 2/25/02 +0530, you wrote:
>Sri :
>Dear bhaktas,
>
>Some time back around 1 or 2 months ago there was a posting by one of the
list members regarding the 8 maha vakyams given by Sri Varadaraja Perumal of
kanchipuram to Sri Goshti purnar during the time of Acharya Ramanuja.

>I would be gratefule if any body could send this to me. I also searched the
archives of the past two months i could not find it. Please help me in
getting this informatio

>Adiyen,
>Sri Krishna Kumara dasan,

There are only 6 Instructions/responses
sent by Lord VaradarAjan. The instrcutions
were given to Thirukkacchi Nampi and
not to GhOshti PoorNar ( ThirukkOttiyUr
Nampi). Both of them are sishyas
of Swamy ALavanthAr. These are:

1. AhamEva Param Tatthvam.

Upanishads , Vedams and other SrI Sookthis declare
with one voice that I am the One who has the chEthanams
and achEthanams as my Body , I am inseperable from
SrI devi , I am the sole grantor of Moksham ,I am
the one enjoyed at my Supreme abode by the Muktha
Jeevans and Nithya sooris , I am the Sarva Seshi ,
Sarva Swami . IAM INDEED THAT SUPREME TATTHVAM.

2. BhEdham Darsanam.

ISVARA-CHITH-ACHITH TATTHVAMS ARE DIFFERENT FROM
ONE ANOTHER (BHEDAM)THRU THEIR SVAROOPA-STHITHI-
PRAVRUTTHI . THIS IS THE DARSANAM OF OURS. One
should understand Veda Vaakyams that appear to be
incongruent through the use of SaarIraka Saasthram.

3. SaraNAgathiyE MokshOpAyam

There are two means for gaining MOksham .
Bhakthi Yogam is difficukt to practise
in Kali Yugam . Hence adopt the easy-to-practise
and powerful SaraNAgathi route for Moksham.

4. SaraNAgathanukku Anthima Smruthi avasyamillai.

There is no need for anthima smruthi for Prapannans.

5. DehaavasAnE Moksham.

I am ready to grant Moksha varam to those
who have performed SaraNAgathy . If they (PrapannAs)
are direly seeking immediate release from the cycles of
births and deaths as Dhruptha PrapannAs , I will grant
them their wish if they long for it because of
their aarthi . Otherwise , they are assured of
Moksham at the end of their earthly life , when
their body falls down .

6. MahA PoorNar yenRa Periya NampikaLai aachAryarAha.

Please seek MahA Porrnar (Periya Nampi , the dsiciple of
Swamy ALavanthAr) as Your AchAryan.
adaya vENDum.

Thirukkacchi Nampi at one time sought the permission of
Lord VaradarAjan to go on  a pilgrimage to Thirumalai
to worship and serve SrI Venakataachala Pathy. One day,
the Lord of Thirumalai instructed Thirukkacchi Nampi:

" I incarnated as Varadhan at the Yaaga Saalai
of Brahma at Kaanchi. I am uncomfortable with
the heat wave there. Please go to Kaanchi and
perform Fan ( THiruvAla Vattam) Kaimkaryam to Me there."

Thirukkacchi followed Sri SrinivAsan's instructions and
performed Fan Kaimkaryam to the Lord of Kaanchi. It  was
at that time , Lord VaradarAjan broke His self-imposed
ArchA samAdhi and spoke to Thirukkacchi Nampi. During
this time , RaamAnujA approached Nampi and asked for
answers to his doubts from the Lord , who responded
thru Nampi with the 6 instructions.

Some may debate as who (VaradarAjan or SrInivAsan)
incarnated first. It is the same Lord , who rests at
Srirangam , sits at Parama Padham and stands at
Kaanchi and Thirumalai.

V.Sadagopan