Re: Is March 10 Sravana Dwadasi?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 1, 2002

At 04:39 PM 3/1/02, you wrote:
>Dear Sri Sadagopan swAmin,
>
>More nAzhigai of Sravanam falls on 10th March our time
>and so Sravana vrtham may have to be observed on MArch
>10. Incidentally oppiliappan kOil also celebrates
>Sravanam on March 10 in india.
>
>Srimadh Azhagiya Singar thiruvadikaLE saraNam
>adiyEn irAmAnusa dAsan
>thiruk kudanthai Sampath Rengarajan

Dear BhakthAs:

I concur with the observation of
SrI Rengarajan that March 10 be celebrated
as the SravaNa Vratham & SravaNa DhvAdasi day.

Inview of UthirAdam being solpam ( 0-47) and Sravanam
being major presence on May 10 , It is appropriate
to observe SravaNa Vratham day as well as SravaNa DvAdasi
on May 10.

On May 11, SravaNam is still sEsham (5-19) .Rest is
DhanishtA (avittam). Confusion has crept in because of this.

Thanks for the question and clarification ,

SrImath Azhagiya Singar Thiruvadi,
V.SadagOpan