Re: bhakti-list digest

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 11, 2000

>Subject: aagama-s and temple construction
>

>Sri.S.Parthasarathy in his post observes that many
>temples being newly built in present-day India do not
>conform to the rules of aagamA.
>
>This is true to some extent.
>
>Sir, just as an interesting aside (and not in defense
>of taking license with the aagama), I ask you if you
>knew that many aagama experts say that the main idol
>("moolavar") of Lord Venkateshwara ("svayambhu")
>defies all aagamic canons?!

Srimad Venkata Lakshmana Yativaraya namah.

Dear Bhagavatas,

my namaskars to u all. Lord of Thiruvengadam is none other than paravasudevan in ninra thirukkolam while govindarajar is a replica of ksheerabdhinaathan. also the former is svayamvyaktam  no diff from paravasudevan even in thirumeni. His thirumeni is suddhasattvam.

to which agama do the thirumenis of ramar and kannan conform? nobody knows.

however, since Thiruvengadam is the topmost vaikhanasa temple and their acharyan vikhanasa rushi himself composed an ashtottaram on thiruvengadavan, I think His thirumeni totally conforms to vaikhanasam. also there is nothing avaishnavite about His thirumeni. each and every feature of His body is vaishnavam in its
 own way, as proved by udaiyavar who came in support of vaikhanasa and SVs of the place.

Agama sastras classify archas of perumal into 4-5 categories, based on the distance upto which They can attract jeevas. Lord of thiruvengadam is classified as having infinite potential (source: TTD temple art museum near HH Pedda jeeyar mutt, tirupati). this view is also supported by alwars in many many pasurams.

dasan
vishnu

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com

                  - SrImate raamaanujaaya namaH -

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/2/_/716111/_/952799026/