You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : March 2000

initiation for westerners

From: Caitanya Nrsimha Dasa (caitanyanrsimha_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 14:34:50 PST

Dear Prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances. I would like to
know the proper etiquette when addressing the Sri
Vaisnavas (I'm a Gaudiya Vaisnava, and I don't want to
commit any offenses to the exhalted descendants of
Ramanujacarya).

Second, what is your position on initiations for
Westerners? Does the Sri Sampradaya initiate
Westerners who show brahminical qualities? Where in
the Sri Sampradaya scriptures can I find slokas
dealing with that topic?

Thanks for your help.

Your servant,

Caitanya Nrsimha Dasa