Re: Introduction and request

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 18, 1998

----------
> From: Mani Varadarajan
> To: bhakti@lists.best.com
> Subject: Re: Introduction and request
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 1998 5:49 PM
>

> Dear Sri Alwar,
>
> Can you consult the scholars in Melkote and settle an issue
> of great debate amongst us -- whether the moola mantra in
> its entireity can be printed, written, or spoken in public,
> and if not, to what extent the restriction is to be enforced?

I would be interested in knowing this, as well.  At the Seminar on
SriVaishnavam that was held here in Denver last week, Sri Jeear Swamy did
not recite the complete thirumanthram while directly discussing its
importance as a mantra.

Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to ask Sri Jeear Swamy what
the official position is as to the recitation or writing of the mantram in
public forums.

adiyEn,

Mohan