Re: Advaitham,Theology of vedas,Smartas,vaishanavas,Sri vaishnavas

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 13, 1998

At 10:53 AM 6/13/98 -0500, venkat wrote:
> My "aneka koti prmanas to all sri vaishnavas again"
>
> The correct translation of the term visishtadhvaitham in english is "pan
orgal
>monism"
>
>the term visishtadhvaitham is derived(i donot have a basic knowledge of
sanskrit
>though) like this visisthasya + advaitham = visistadhvaitham.
>
>  so are we adhvaithins then?? yes we are 'cos according to shruthis one who
>appreciates difference will never get moksha and he'll always be on samsara
>cycle.
>
>  so the real purport of shruthis  is "adhvaitham" and now we call ourselves
>"visishtadhvaithins" so how are we going to justify??
>
>  yes of course the purport of shruthis is advaitham not dvaitham. is it
pure
>pure advaitham as shri adhi shankara says?? no it is not our we are
adhvaithins
>basically with the adjective visithasya..
>
>  what shri adhi shankara (as we all know ) talks is nirvisesha advaitham
and
>what shri bashyakara talks about is savisesha advaitham not pure advaitham
(pure
>pure consciousness , jeeva bramha identity and iykiyam as shri adhishankara
>says)
>
> our dharshanam followed as per the sayings of dheva perumal(shri
athigirinathan
>perarulalan varadharajan)  "dharshanam bedha evacha" is bedha dharshanam.
>
>  yes it is dvaitham  but not as per dvaithins (or dualists).
>
> what shri anandha theertha talks about is something non dependency of
souls and
>bramhan and shri bashyakara talks  about  is dependency...

SRI ANANDA TIRTHA DOES ACCEPT DEPENDENCY OF SOULS. VISHNU IS ONLY
INDEPENDENT; ALL ELSE IS DEPENDENT ACCORDING TO HIS DOCTRINE.  FURTHER, IT
IS THE SARIRA-SARIRI BHAVA & JAGAT ABHINNA NIMITTA UPADANA KARANA &
PRAPATTI AS AS LAGHU-UPAYA WHICH HE DOES NOT AGREE WITH (THERE ARE OTHER
DIFFERENCES,... WHICH I HAVE AVOIDED FOR BREVITY)

ADIYEN KRISHNA