RE: Digest bhakti.v002.n586

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 10, 1998

SrImate GOPALA DESIKA MAHADESIKAYA NAMA:

Dear Bhagavottamas:
      Sri Balaraman wrote:
> "Balaraman M Sriram"
>Subject: More questions...
>Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:49:57 PDT
>Dear Vaishnavas,
>When the mind is filled with fear, the throat filled with bile, the limbs
>shivering, how will one be able to think of his holy name ?

To answer partly to Sri Balaraman's question, is this what Periazhwar
thinking about when he says in his naan_kaampaththu?

thuppudaiyaarai_adaivadhellaam
	sOrvidaththuththuNaiyaavarenRE
oppilEnaakilumn^innadaindhEn
	aanaikkun^ee_aruLseydhamaiyaal
eyppu_ennaivandhun^aliyumpOdhu
	angu_Edhumn^aanunnain^inaikkamaattEn
appOdhaikku_ippOdhEsollivaiththEn
	arangaththaravaNaippaLLiyaanE!

(rough translation of the last 4 lines of verse in bold: Sri RanganAtha,
the one who is lying  on Adisesha!  When I am in the last stage of my
journey  unable to do anything, I may not think about you. I am telling
you now itself for that time.)

Sri Kulasekhara AzhwAr also expresses similar sentiment in his Mukunda
Mala.

Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamasthu

adiYen dAsan