Re: Sampath Rengarajan's visit to Divya Desams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 20, 1997

Dear Sri Sampath Rengarajan,

I cant tell you how happy I am for you and family for the unique experience
you have had in India and particularly prapatti in srirangam.  NO wonder
that you did prove that you hail from such a wonderful lineage of our
acharyas.   My heart felt blessings for you (and family).  I am no elder or
a knowledgeable person to bless you.  I dont know why I felt like this.

I wish I knew so much tamil as you do so that I could experience the
alwar's divya suktis while having sevai of appropriate archa murthys. I
pray to God that such wonderful sevas and meetings with acharyas occur to
all of us and others in this universe.  I would like to call you one of
these days.  Please email me your telephone number.

I had been to India on business for a couple of weeks. I had some luck in
meeting couple of my gurus.  I could not meet jeeyars this time.

I will write about couple of my experiences and instructions I obtained by
my gurus in the next mail.

Regards

Krishna

At , you wrote:

> [...]
>Oppiliappan koil several times and sought the blessings from Lord Oppiliappan
>(because of whom I was born on thai sravaNam) for the success of the
>intended kaimkaryam for BoomAdevi thAyar on behalf of Sri Sadagopan.
>He had requested me to do so when I left. The darshan of thirumuga
>maNdalam  of than oPPArillppan was also quite unique this time
>after realising the inner meanings "vAmanan adiyiNai maruvuvarE". I
>visited the first temple of srisampradAyam "thiruk kaNNa mangai". There
>was so much for me to learn from there this time. I will attempt to write
>the thalapurANam later when I complete the current tasks. I then visited
>Thiruch ChErai and had special blessings from the thAyAr SAranAyaki through
>"archagar vAkku" !  I visited thiru NaRaiyoor and had the darshan of
>all the 108 Divya Desams there itself by worshipping the 108 Divya
>MangaLa Vigrahams that our Lord Nambi HIMself had offered to an ailing
>bakththAL who could not go to all the kshEthrams. (See my thaala purANam
>for thiru NaRaiyoor). I had the aNyOnya darsaNam of periya thiruvadi,
>Kal Garudan Sri Pakshi RAjan and prayed for all those who joined me last
>year to donate for the kaimkaryams of the ursavams in NAchchiyAr kOil.
>I also prayed for those who discussed about HIS Vaibavam in this
>forum recently. The thirumuga maNdala darsanam of this Lord was also
>unique in realising certain inner meanings and chanting from the
>"madal" of thiru mangai.
>

>My BaranyAsam or Prapatti:
>
> I had my baranyAsm (prapatti) at the holy feet of 45th Jeer at
>DasAvathAra Sannithi in Srirangam. Though the place of undertaking
>prapatti does not matter philosophically speaking,  I had always wanted
>to do my CharaNagathi in Srirangam. To do so, I had to wait for my
>AchAryAL's visit to this particular place during his busy schedule on
>his way to Thiruppathi for the inauguration of ahObila muth complex
>there. As per the plan Jeer arrived on 24th evening and stayed until
>25th afternoon providing me a window of opportunity to have my
>BaranyAsam. On that day, Reporters (Media persons) from HINDU, Express,
>and Tamil Journals Kumudam and Dinamani etc. were there for an hour
>interviewing Jeer about the complex inauguration by the President of
>India. As per shAstram a Jivan has to wait several years in a birth to
>realise the need for undertaking prapatti and actually undertaking it
>as well by God's grace. However, for me the waiting time for
>confirmation of Jeer's itinerary and hence my intention of underetaking
>BaraNyAsam *seemed* to have taken 1 week only.
>
> I felt I was in SrivaikuNdam itself when I got into the hall
>of DasAvathAram sannithi after bathing in thiruk Kauveri.
>There were 150 (one hundred fifty) Srivaishnvas packed in the
>sannithi loudly chanting thirup pallAndu and sAththu muRai. Subsequently,
>I had the unique opportunity of having my SamAsrayEnam followed by
BaranyAsam.