[Fwd: Open&Frank] (does this list serve any purpose?)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 5, 2002

>From an anonymous member.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Open&Frank
From: Igenmh@aol.com
Date: Wed, June 5, 2002 2:56 pm
To: mani@ramanuja.org

Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly

Come join & post said the Bhakti-list moderator to the posters

But first remember that you must get my permission to join and the tenor
of my restrictions cause a new member pause.

Now that I have condescended to permit you to join, remember to follow
the thicket of rules and regulations else be prepared to incur my wrath.

Having followed these rules, remember to categorise your post based on
the granularity I've identified or else expect a scathing reminder.

Finally, now that you have posted, be prepared to accept my abrupt
comments such as this topic is not appropriate or has been fully
discussed or your post needs more scholastic rigor.

Now, I wonder why my flock does not bleat as often as I'd like.

But wait, if I am such a disciplinarian why do they still hang around and
in fact gush with warm praise for me and my efforts.

Because faith is like the shade provided by the tree, and you planted the
tree so there is a gush of warmth for you. However you planted the tree
to exult in the unique distinction of its leaf-form whilst the people who
are hanging around appreciate it for its shade.

So shade-friendly, or leaf-friendly,
  people-friendly or process/rule-friendly
  Your parlor - your choice.

As founding moderator, motivated by the leaf you have created the shade.
Now, bring in another moderator whose openness, diligence and interest
may help promote the shade whilst you remain the moderator emeritus.

Anonymity offers the opportunity of being "open and frank". The above
comments were meant to be illustrative and critical within a positive
construct.