Re: Re: Sri Guna Rathna Kosam : Part 51: slOkam 40

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 21, 2001

Dear Sri.Satakopan mama and Sri.Madhavakkannan:

Pranams!

The postings by you are very much enjoyable with the way you
have narrated.

I remember about the Anubavam of Nammaazhwar on Tirukkurungudi
Nambi when talking about his Tirumeni.

eNGNGanEyO annai meergaaL!
  ennai munivadhunNeer?,
nangaLkOlath thiruk kuRungudi
  nambiyai naaNnkandapin,
sanginOdum nEmi yOdum
  thaamaraik kaNgaLodum,
senganivaa yonRi Nnodum
  selginRa thennNenchamE.

The pasurams on Nambi are really a Great ANUBAVAM of Azhwar
that he enjoys perumal to the highest degree.

Thanks very much for valuable postings,

Sri Ramanuja Dasan,
Ramanan

 iruppidam vaikundham vEnkatam * mAlirunchOlaiyennum
poruppidam mAyanuk enbar nallOr * avai thannodum van
thiruppidam mAyan irAmAnusan manathinRavan van
thiruppidam * enRan idhayaththuLLE thanakkinpuRavE.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, madhav.vasudevan@sg.abb.com
(madhav.vasudevan@sg.abb.com) wrote:

> SrI:
> SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
>
> Dear SrI SatakOpan mama,
>
> Thanks for your never ceasing outpourings of such great
posts..
> Your indefatigable efforts are greatly appreciated by all of
us.
> Your excellent narration of PiraaTTi's beautiful eyes
reminded me
> of this (which I had heard in upanyasam):
>
> When the mOhini alankAram utsavam procession takes place, Lord
> RanganAthA
> looks even more exquisitely beautiful and gorgeous. He looks
simply
> grand
> and splendid!
> All bhakthas throng and push each other to obtain the full
glimpse of
> the
> Lord and get blessed. the Lord himself looks seemingly
satisfied with
> the
> alankAram and is wearing a proud smile of admiration. By
nature He is
> Beauty personified; now; He is in mOhini alankaram; Needless
to say, He
> looks magnificent. (This alankAram procession takes place the
day before
> vaikuta ekAdashi-)
>
> It seems during one such mOhini alankAram day, after the Lord
finished
> His
> journey and came back to His place, He had a deep satisfied
sigh that
> all
> bhakthas had enjoyed Him in thjis alankaram and asked proudly
> our Sri ParAsara bhattar (who was reported to have had
conversation with
> pirAtti and namperumAl). Our NamperumAL asked bhattar "So,
BhattarE!
> Were
> you there?
> How was the alankAram? Did you like? was it good?" He knew,
it was an
> excellent alankAram and He looked great more because almost
all devotees
> who were blessed to have His darshan exclaimed " pAren,
pAren, perumAl
> innikku  koLLai azhagA irukkAr ille! (See, See How great He
looks!)" .
> Lord
> Ranagan was expecting a POSITIVE response from Bhattar!
>
> Bhattar had an impish smile; He said, " Lord, KshamikkaNum
(Please
> forgive
> me). You looked great, no doubt. It was an excellent
alankAram.
> Marvellous
> beautiful anna nadai when you walked the course. We really
enjoyed our
> Lord
> in that splendid alankaram; You looked, in all respects, as
beautiful,
> as
> pirAtti.
>
> BUT..."- He stopped.
>
> naMperumAl was slightly taken aback. "Why then that but?....
come out "

> Bhattar continued, again with a smile, "All said and done,
you can not.
> repeat, You can NOT bring the expression of karuNai katAksham
(that
> compassionate
> glances of my thAyAR in your eyes. You can wear thousands of
> AbharaNangal
> and dress to make You look like thAyAr and you may even look
the same;
> BUT you are a navaneetha chOran (a butter thief!); a NAUGHTY
kaNNan!
> Your mischievous eyes have failed you my LORD," Bhattar said
this,
> while simultaneously admiring the same naughty, mischievous,
smiling,
> glittering,
> large, dark eyes of naMperumAL (kariyavAgi pudai paranthu,
miLirntha,
> sevvariyodiya, neeNda, periya vAya kaNgaL).
>
> The Lord Himself knows that Bhattar was enjoying the
> beauty of His eyes and was smiling and sharing the fact that
He can not