Re: info requested

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 16, 2000

Dear Francesco:

At 09:40 AM 6/14/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Sadhakas,
>as a Vaisnava I've recently been interested in studying Lakshmi worship. I
am interested in finding information regarding
>1) the KANAKDHARA YANTRA, associated with Lakshmi worship and sadhana. I
would like to know if anybody has knowledge of texts or single images which
deal with and contain this and other Lakshmi yantras and mantras

The KanakadhArA Yanthram is the same as DhanaakarshaNa Yanthram.
This is supposed to be at Thiruppathi Lord SrinivAsan's sannidhi.
The recitation of Sri VedAntha Desikan's Sri Sthuthi
with the Sri Manthrams incorporated in it is equivalent
to KanakadhArA Yanthram worship.

The most authentic Yanthram for Sri Devi Worship is
Sri Chakram . This is not the one used by AmbhAL(Devi) worshippers
although the geometry is exactly the same.The invocation
and worship procedures are  different.

Worship with Sri Lakshmi AshtOttharam
(108 NaamAs ) and Lakshmi Sahasra Naamam/1000 names
(with Kernel letters/BhIjAksharams) is
an excellent way to offer worship. Since you
indicated that you have been initiated, then Your Guru
will be able formally to help you with the worship.

>2) tha LAKSHMI TANTRA. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing
>the contents of this text.

Lakshmi Tanthram , which is referred to a lot
in Prapanna PaarijAtham has nothing to do
with direct MahaaLakshmi worship per se , but
is a Tanthra grantham dealing with SaraNAgathi
(Self- surrender to the divine couple)principles.
Other BhakthAs may be able to comment further on
this esoteric work.

There are many SthOthrams on MahA Lakshmi:

1.Sri Sooktam : Vedic text
2.Sri Sthuthi: Swamy Desikan
3.Sri GuNa Rathna KOsam: ParAsara Bhattar
4.KanakadhArA SthOthram of Adhi Sankaraa
5.VishNu PurAna Sthuthi
6.ChathusslOki of Sri AlavandhAr

With Best wishes,
V.Sadagopan

>3) any other texts which deal with Lakshmi.
>4) texts dealing with MUDRAS whether in classical dance or worship.
>
>Thank you,
>Francesco

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5536/4/_/716111/_/961168561/