Re: Muktinath

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 5, 2000

Dear Sri Amaraprabhu Dasa :

If no one has responded to your queries sofar
On Thirumangai's Paasurams on the Dhivya dEsam of
SaaLigrAm , I will be happy to respond to them
and provide a summary of the meanings of the ten
Paasurams. The transliterated copy of the slOkams
are in Bhakthi archives. Two members of
the group have visited Saalagram recently .
One of them can help you regarding the travel details .
I am not familiar with the source of GaNtaki river.

There are ten verses (Paasurams ) that Thirumangai AzhwAr
blessed us with .They are part of Periya Thirumozhi : 1.5
Thirumangai was the last of the twelve AzhwArs and his time
is Ninth Century A.D. according to historians .

Best wishes,
V.Sadagopan

At 08:15 PM 5/28/00 +0200, you wrote:
>> Dear Devotees of the Lord,
>
>I have some questions about Lord Muktinath (famous vigraha in North
>Nepal near the Gandaki River) who is one of the 106 earthly
divya desams. It was sung only by Tirumangai Alwar in two pasurams
as far i know. Could anybody out there give me the sloka reference of
that two pasurams, including the transliteration & translation
into english ? And if somebody knows in which way trough
the Himalaya mountains and when Tirumangai Alwar made his tour
up to Muktinath ?

>Also there a some contradicting storys regarding the source of the
>Gandaki River,from were the Salagram Silas appear.

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/4/_/716111/_/960222438/