You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : July 1999

Re: Bodily health

From: Diwakar Kannan (diwakark_at_ahobilam.Ebay.Sun.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 10:59:01 PDT

                            sri:
Sri Madhavakannan wrote:

"Swami always talks about the essentiality of performing
sandhyavandhanam, without which whatever one does - be it 106 Divya Desam
visits, or 108 pradhakshinam of PerumAL Koil, it will not equal."

This reminds me one of the recent upanyAsam by Srimad Azhagiyasingar.
Performing karmas like  sandhyavandhanam is like the regular work
hours and visiting temple is working overtime.  We cannot tell
the employer that I will just do the overtime and skip the regular
work hours.

dAsan
Diwakar