RE: follow up on previous post on "material comfort and spiritual health"

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 19, 1999

Sri:

Dearest Sri Sudharshan,

Your quotes form the "AchAryA" are simply great and reverberate what we have

in our minds. Thanks for a great post!

I feel guilty, Sudharshan.(At least) I am not able to resist
the tempation of running amuck after dollars and thereby get away from
all duties of a typical Srivaishnava (brahmin). I don't even learn Tamil
Vedams, (leave
alone actual Vedas). I don't even perform Brahma yagnam.

I can not avoild eating outside, that too filled and soaked with onions and
garlic,
as I go outsations and stay at hotels, where getting a veg food itself is
"kudhirai kombhu". (horn of horse). This tongue and belly do not let me
stay starved and survive on fruits alone. I am the slave of these five dare
devils
(sense organs) plus Vitamin M (Money).

I am indeed a "aparaadha chakravartthi..".
There is no paapam that I have not committed in this world.
"nan nindhitham karma thadhathilOkE...

The only redemption: By His grace, I am a member of this list and
read Bhagavad Vishaym. So, He had decided to save me.. Else,
He would not have enabled me to be born like this, undergo Prapatthi
at the Lotus Feet of His Holiness, AchArya Saarvabhoumar, Srimad
Poundareekapuram Andavan. (in spite of His complete knowledge of
my sinful past, present... and future.., He had gracefully and
compassionately
accepted adiyEn's request to let me perform prapatthi.

Sorry for my loud cries, and outbursts.

Regards

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan