You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : July 1999

RE: what does 'adiyEn' mean?

From: Madhavakkannan, Vasudevan (vxmadhav_at_bechtel.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 17:28:31 PDT

Sri:

Dearest Sisters and Brothers,

Sri Mani wrote:

> Or, as another member privately expressed, sometimes it
> seems that people say 'adiyEn' (Your servant) so vociferously
> that it actually seems like they mean 'adippEn' (I will hit you). :-)
=======
Do you remember, Mani, when you were here at Singapore on the
way to India, the same topic came, and you mentioned this:

Sometimes people ask (during thadhIyaaraadhanai- Srivaishnava feast)
"Swami.. adiyEnukku vadai illaiyaa?".. ) (there is no vadai for this
humble servant..?)

Regards

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan Madhavakkannan