You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : July 1999

Re: Sri.Mani's non-sequitor

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 12:30:45 PDT

Sri Sudarshan wrote:
> If I hear you right, Sri.Mani, I hear you now laying down a cardinal rule
> for all of us members: "Hear ye all ! Praise to Sankara is the taboo of all
> taboos on the "bhakti-list"!

I'll make a short comment here and leave it at that.

No, I am not saying that praise of Sankara is at all taboo.
I respect Sankara deeply and find his works insightful.
However, please recognize that this list is dedicated to
the Sri Vaishnava tradition. I felt that mere praise of Sankara
(and subsequent denigration of other Vaidikas, such as mImAmsakAs,
as "enemies from within"), without proper context, required a
response.

Mani