Re: sAlagrAma worship

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 21, 1998

"Ravisankar S. Mayavaram"  wrote:
> :>Aside: I got a good book on shAlagrAma koSha by Prof. S.K. Ramachandra
> :>Rao from UT library. The volume 1 (which we have) cleared many of my
> :>doubts/anxieties about the shAlagrAma worship. This book describes in a
> :>great detail with saMskRItam verses and English text on the details of
> :>shAlagrama, classification, its source, purANa references anad also about
> :>the chaturviMshati mUrtis and their details.  It is published by
> :>Kalpatharu Research Academy, Bangalore. Their Volume 2, gives the pUja
> :>vidhiH its seems. I will try to get that one also somehow.

S.K. Ramachandra Rao's books are very good. I also have
a book by him on the history of Tirupati that is outstanding.
It also has many rare pictures of the temple deities, including
many of the ones (Rama, Gopalakrishna, etc.,) whom we never
get to see because of lack of time in front of the sannidhi :-(.

In my opinion, this latter book is a must-buy for any devotee
of Thiruvengadam udaiyaan.

Mani