Re: govindaashtakam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 22, 2002

-SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAAMHA.
Dear Sri Mani,
Yes,
This is by Adhi Shankara.
One special feature of this composition is that this can be sung in
one breath without any gap. The words are flowing out in such
lucidity that the angas of braething like poorakam, kumbakam adn
rEsakam  are being taken care of while one sings / recites  this
composition. Even a person suffering at the moment from breathing
problems like asthma/ wheezing can sing this without difficulty.You
can notice the non-stop flow in M.s' rendition.
The meaning, the vibration etc have made this composition an immortal
one!!
jayasree sarnathan.