re: meimmai peruvaarththai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 17, 2002

Dear Sriman Vasudevan,

I think the key word here is not just "meimmai" but
"peru vArththai". Everything that comes out of the
Lord's mouth is nothing but meimmai. The fact that
Sri Andal talks about a certain peru vArththai is
the reason that it is identified with Carama Sloka -
it is one vArththai and it is a monumental one.
Otherwise Andal could have said meimmai vArththaikaL.

As far as the flag issue goes, Sri Anbil Swami had
mentioned that Garuda was present as the chariot and
not in the flag. It would make sense that since Sri
Krishna's vahana is Garuda, he would become the
chariot for his Lord. As Periyazhvar is considered
Garuda's amsam, Andal had said that Periyazhvar had
listened to the meimmai peru vArththai.

The above is adiyEn's rambling and I look forward to
bhAgavatas notes on the same.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan
http://www.acharya.org