Fwd: SrI vishNu sahasra nAmam - Slokam 75 - sattA revisited.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 12, 2002

  Narasimhan Krishnamachari  wrote: Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Narasimhan Krishnamachari
Subject: SrI vishNu sahasra nAmam - Slokam 75 - sattA revisited.
To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com

In my posting on the nAma sattA (under the title SrI vishNu sahasra
nAmam - Slokam 75 - Part 3), I had included the following paragraph:

"It is not only true that without Him nothing can exist, but it is also
true that without His true devotees, He will not exist, such being His
attachment to His devotees. It is the beautiful inter-dependence of
each on the other that is to be understood and enjoyed, because of
their intense love for each other. SrI v.v. rAmAnujan refers us to
tirumazhai AzhvAr, who declares this beautiful concept of the
inter-dependence of bhagavAn and His devotees on each other, in his
nAnmugan tiruvantAdi (7) - nanRaga nAn unai anRi ilEn kaNDAi, nAraNanE!
nee ennai anRi ilai".

I got feedback from one member of the list who has been extremely kind
in giving me regular feedback on my write-ups, suggesting that the
wording of the above paragraph seems to imply that bhagavAn is less
than Supreme, and is not "capable of existence" without His bhakta-s.
In order to remove any possible miscommunication, I have re-worded the
above paragraph as follows:

"SrI v.v. rAmAnujan refers us to tirumazhiSai AzhvAr's nAnmugan
tiruvantAdi (7) - nanRaga nAn unai anRi ilEn kaNDAi, nAraNanE!
nee ennai anRi ilai -"Without You we do not exist, and as for You, if
we are not the ones You protect, there is nothing else for You to
protect"."

I will request SrI M. K. Krishnaswamy, who has been kind enough to
maintain a copy of my write-ups in a collected place in the web in a
easily accesible way, to replace the earlier write-up with this new
write-up. This note is to request those who follow my write-ups to
also make a note of the change.

-dAsan kRshNamAcAryan