Re: QUALITY of a srivaishnavan - Sri Visu's comments

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 8, 2002

--- In bhakti-list@y..., "lazy_nerd"  wrote:
> Srimathe Ramanujaaya Namaha:
> I don't understand much of what has been said in this thread due to
> my agyana(ignorance). But I would just like to add one thing.
Azhwar
> says - "NETRIYIL NINDRU ENNAI AALUM NIRAI MALARPPAADANGAL SOODI".
> Just wearing the thiruman the lotus feet of emberuman is good
enough
> that will automatically lead to him perumal Please do not call
> it as a pura-chinnam.

 I am a
> 25 year youth who suffered a lot, for wearing THIRUMAN when I went
> school and college and I eventually stopped wearing it not being
able
> to tolerate the criticisms I had undergone. But am sure I will be
> back to myself very soon wearing them and proudly announcing to
> everyone that lord is right here with me by placing his lotus-feet
on
> my fore-heads.

Dear sri lakshmi narasimhan,
It is precisely due to problems such as these, I find many people not
ready to wear or rather retain the Thiruman in the forehead when they
go out.
I have heard many people telling that they would rather go without
thiruman than to be made to hear the 'nakkal' and 'kindal' that some
one or the other takes graet relishment in flinging out. That, to
them, seems to be  a serious offence than whatever they are likely
incur for not wearing the thiruman.
In big cities or in temple towns one may not be coming across such
experiences. But it is not so in many other places. But inspite of
all this, we find many sv-s sporting sri choornam regularly. that
much for their concern for the belief in their custom and let us
appreciate them for that.

I am sorry in case I had offended any one. I didn't