You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : July 2001

significance of men wearing srichuvarnam

From: Vinod Parthasarathy (vinodparthasarathy_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:19:23 PDT

Ramanujam Thiruvadigale saranam:

I gather from ancient scriptures that both men and women used to wear the
kumkum as a portrayal of the third eye that could be awakened by SPiritual
convcentration and devotion. I would be extremely interested in knowing the
actual significance and meaning of men wearing the srichuvarnam. Being a
resident of the United States, i would be extremely curious to know its
significance as it would help me explain my wearing it to fellow workers.
Thank you for your patience to read the question. Forgive my ignorance.

Vinod