RE: Digest Number 360

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 4, 2001

Sri Raamajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.Murali,
			What you have brought out is in fact seen by many of us.

 This not an issue about Sri Vaishnavam alone(as almost any religion preaches compassion, but in reality we see killing and violence in the name of religion, using a pretext or other).  In simple words people forget their "Swaroopam" and do not display Atma Gunaas.  Of course there is no solution for the masses, and condemning such an act may be counterproductive, as the person who does, appears more like a social reformer.  Of course there are limitations/priorities if someone steps suddenly inside a congregation(just like you have bandhus in a wedding, and you have uninvited guests), and we have priorities.  Even there we should exercise certain level of reformed behaviour, more importantly if we call ourselves "Sri RAmanuja DAsan".   Our Acharyas hold the Tridhandam as if to signify we Sri Vaishnavas uphold "Utmost Compassion" that we do not hurt others with our "Words, Intent or Action".

I am sure you would get more formal replies based on Acharya Granthaas, which in essence reflect the same message. In summary we can only correct ourselves with self-analysis "How can we act cruel, when our Divya Dhampathis and Acharyas alike, display so much of compassion? Should we not follow their Divya KAlyaana Gunas as much as possible.  If not atleast have a more refined approach in our life."  By saying/practicing this we could inspire others too.

Naarayana! Naarayana!

AdiyEn Sri RAmanuja DAsan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:23:39 +0700
   From: "Sundarajan"
Subject: introduction

_____________________

Message: 3
   Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:19:38 +0100 (BST)
   From: muralikrishna gurram
Subject: Question from Murali Krishna

           SrimatE rAmAnujAya nama:

             Jai Srimannarayana

Respected Bhagavathas,
     Pranamams.
     I have a genuine question about what was happened
at Vaikuntanath Swami Temple, New Delhi where H.H.
Srirangam Srimad Andavan  Sri RangaRamanuja
Mahadesikan has been observing 13th Chaturmasya
sankalpam. As usual I went to temple on last saturday
to offer my pranamams and take his divine blessings. I
observed an incident just before having Prasadam.
A five year old "street child" came and sat in the
devotees line to have Prasadam. The innocent boy was
not dressed neatly like other devotees and seemed to
be a beggar. Immeadiatly, a devotee who was wearing
big and holy Tirunamas came to this child and sent him
out of the Temple and told him to take Prasadam later
on. I was deeply disappointed by this incident.

     My question is:
Why was the boy not allowed to take prasadam along
with other devotees?
Was there any mistake done by the devotee?
If it was a mistake, where was the actual origin of
the mistake?
     Another related question is:
What are the essential qualities of being a vaishnava?

   I believe in all of you  and I am expecting a
convincing answer from Respected Vaishnavas.

   Please accept my apologies if any mistakes are
there in my language hurting any of you directly or
indirectly.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan
Murali Krishna  @IIT delhi.