Andal/Renganatha Tirukalyanam utsavam at HTCS

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 20, 1999

Dear Sri Govindarajan :
I am delighted to hear about the celebration
of the ThriukkalyANa MahOthsavam of
Sri ANDAL and Sri Ranganaatha PerumAL
at the Balaji temple at Bridgewater , NJ .

Since many aasthikAs would like to hear about
the details of this celebration for adaptation
at their own local temples , I am copying them
on your note . They would enjoy reading about
this lovely celebration . Hopefully , next year ,
we can celebrate this auspicious uthavam
at Sri RanganAthA temple at Pomona , NY as well
with the SaraNya dampathi's anugrahams .
Thanks very much for the update on the Uthsavam .
Best wishes ,
V.Sadagopan

>Date: Tue, 19 Jan 99 13:28:11 EST
>From: trg@joker.ho.lucent.com (T R Govindarajan)
>To: sgopan@computer.net
>Subject: Andal/Renganatha Tirukalyanam utsavam at HTCS
>
>Sri. Sadagopan:
>
>We had Andal/Sri. Renganatha Tirukkalyana Utsavam on last Saturday at 4.15 p.m.
>This is the first one after Samprokshanam of temple in June 1998. The Manager
>Sri. Chalapathy Sarma was very kind enough to let us celebrate the Kalayana
>Utsavam in a traditional manner with Nagaswaram and recitation of Natchiar
>Tirumozhi (VAraraNa Mayiram) by all of us, with exchange of cocoanuts, and the
>throwing of flower balls.
>
>We could not bring Andal and Sri. Ranaganatha deities on a
>palanquin as we did not make arrangement earlier. From the next year onwards,
>we can arrange to have Homams in the new temple during the Kalayana Utsavam.
>It started with a procession of Seer varisai with Nagaswaram.
>The priests, Sri. Lakshmana bhattar and Sri. Gopalacharya took the side of
>bridegroom and bride respectively, both performed very well. Thanks are due
>to the priest, Sri. Gopalacharya who narrated the events in Telugu in detail,
>and Gothra Pravaram by Sri. Lakshmana bhattar, and Sri. Gopal Lakshmanan who
>gave a mini-talk on Andal and Tiruppavai before the Kalyana Utsavam;  Sri.
Gopal
>Lakshmanan also explained the significance of reciting VAraNa Mayiram during
>Kalyanam. Sri. Lakshmanan bhattar relayed the feeling of Sri. Renganatha
Perumal