ThirumaN kAppu

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 27, 1998

At 11:54 AM 1/25/98 -0700, vasan@lexmark.com wrote:

>I understand why "Sri Vaishnava Men" wear the SriChurnam or
>Thirunamam. If the Thirunamam signifies the feet of the Lord and
>Thayar, why is it that Women wear only the Thilakam (Thayar?)

Both men and ladies are required to wear both ThirumaN and Sri
ChoorNam (Signifying the feet of perumaaL and thaayaar respectively).  ThirumaN
for ladies is worn as a line across the nose bridge perpendicular to
the SrichoorNam (which is worn in a manner similar to that by men).
I believe that the thirumaN is worn differently in case of vadakalai
ladies (as is the case for vadakalai men also).

Azhwaar Emberumaanaar Jeeyar thiruvadigaLe sharaNam

Sridhar