RE: Fact or Fiction

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 23, 1998

Bhagawatas,

Sorry for dwelling too long on the "Fact or Fiction" thread, but here
is an URL that I accidentally stumbled upon that very much
corroborates Sri Govidarajan's view.  I urge those interested to read
this well-written article.

http://www.itihaas.com/ancient/contrib1.html

The article refutes the Max-Mullerian theory of the Aryan Invasion by
quoting from rgvedic scriptural passages, and goes on to prove (claim,
or any other appropriate word) that the Aryas were indigenous to the
Indian sub-continent.  (Hey, the author of this article is entitled to
his opinion just as we are to ours.)

Anyway, for purposes of the "fact or fiction" conversation, this is an
excerpt from the article of the section entitled  "Discovery of the
Submerged city of Krishna's Dwaraka."

"The discovery of this city is very significant and a kind of
clinching evidence in discarding the Aryan invasion as well as its
proposed date of 1500 BC. Its discovery not only establishes the
authenticity of Mahabharat war and the main events described in the
epic, but clinches the traditional antiquity of Mahabharat and
Ramayana periods. So far the AIT (Aryan Invasion Theory) advocates
used to either dismiss the Mahabharat epic as a fictional work of a
highly talented poet or if not fictional would place it around 1000
BC. But the remains of this submerged city along the coast of Gujarat
were dated 3000BC to 1500BC. In Mahabharat's Musal Parva, the Dwarka
is mentioned as being gradually swallowed by the ocean. Krishna had
forewarned the residents of Dwaraka to vacate the city before the sea
submerged it. The Sabha Parva gives a detailed account of Krishna's
flight from Mathura with his followers to Dwaraka to escape continuous
attacks of Jarasandh's on Mathura and save the lives of its subjects.
For this reason, Krishna is also known as rnzo@ (ranchhor: one who
runs away from the battle-field). Dr. S. R. Rao and his team in 1984 -
88 (Marine Archaeology Unit) undertook an extensive search of this
city along the coast of Gujarat where the Dwarikadeesh temple stands
now, and finally they succeeded in unearthing the ruins of this
submerged city off the Gujarat coast."

Adiyen
Murali Kadambi