You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : January 1996

Re: Seervarisai

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani)
Date: Wed Jan 17 1996 - 11:41:45 PST

On Jan 17,  7:34am, krish wrote:
> This points out the need for defining the
> ethics of SriVaishnavism. I have always felt that the
> leadership of Acharyas is missing in many social refroms.

Krish makes a good point here. Why is it that in spite of
the precedents set by Ramanuja, Pillai Lokacharya, and Manavala
Mamunigal, our acharyas lack social vision and don't care
to engage in any kind of reform activity? This is perhaps
why the Mutts have lost a following.  While they still attract
Vedic scholars, they have marginalized themselves in terms
of the greater society.

Mani