You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : January 1996

Acharam - Its relevance to modern times

From: Vijay Srinivasan (Vijay_Srinivasan_at_praxair.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 1996 - 08:31:44 PST

Dear Friends:

One question that bothers me a lot is the following:

The system of acharam evolved by our great acharyas- Does it continue to have
any relevance today.  If you say we can only accept a small part of it, how
would one decide what to accept and what to reject.  Please do not forget to
remind yourself of what Vyasa Bhagawan had said: " Achara Prathamo Dharma:
dharmasya prabhu achuta:".

I look forward to a lively discussion, which hopefully could sow the seeds for
evolving a neo-vaishnavitic system of acharam.

Vijayaraghavan