Re: Ramanuja & Bhagavatam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 21, 2003

 "K.P. Sarathy "  wrote:Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:26:18 -0000
From: "K.P. Sarathy "
To: bhakti-list-owner@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Ramanuja & Bhagavatam

SriVaishanavas do not accept the theory that Srimad Bhagavatham was
a later work though this idea is widely used in modern research
publications. It is a sAtvic puranam and since its basis is on the
supremacy of SriKrishna there was no need for Sri Bhashyakarar to
use this in his work.
Dr. K. P. Sarathy

--- In bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com, kuntimaddi sadananda

"

wrote:
> > I have a question. When going thru most of Sri Ramanuja's works,
we
> > only find references to Vishnu and Paadma puranam. There is
hardly
> > any reference to Srimad Bhagavatam.
> >
> > I have a doubt here. Would it be the case that parts of
Bhagavatam
> > talk more about monism and are advaitic in nature ? Could that be
why
> > Ramanuja chose not to quote extensively from it ?
> >
> > Can someone throw light on this ?
> >
> > radhe krishna

> =====
> What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have
is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.