Re: Ramanuja & Bhagavatam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 21, 2003

I do not think Shankara had referenced to Bhagavatam either.  There is a
theory that Bhagavatam came into existence much latter - 11 th or 12th
century, although it is attributed to Vyaasa. Same is true with respect
to Brahmasuutra-s of Badarayana.  Vishal Agarwaal had a post related to
this.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- "Pradeep Janakiraman "
 wrote:
> I have a question. When going thru most of Sri Ramanuja's works, we
> only find references to Vishnu and Paadma puranam. There is hardly
> any reference to Srimad Bhagavatam.
>
> I have a doubt here. Would it be the case that parts of Bhagavatam
> talk more about monism and are advaitic in nature ? Could that be why
> Ramanuja chose not to quote extensively from it ?
>
> Can someone throw light on this ?
>
> radhe krishna

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com