Re: Kundalini etc.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 20, 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lakshmi Narasimhan"

> Vyakarana Shastram: Essence - OM - the shabdham itself is God. Condemned,

No, they are not condemned. Vyakaranam, Niruktam, jyOtisham, et all are six
angA-s of the vedam. One cannot condemn all these. Effectively, by
condemning all these, you question the very authority of the angA-s of the
veda. That would make you non-different from a nAstikA. Please do not write
out the pranavam in open. It should not be done so.

The AdhyAyam(or learning) of the vedA-agnAm is very important to vedic
study. This cannot be avoided. This underscores to need to undergo
traditional kalakshEpam under the feet of a sadAcharya.

> those who are trapped in kaivalyam (it is one of the mokshams as mentioned
> by our Purvacharyars) are never freed until the almighty really wants to
> free them. And hence, Kaivalyam is probably the worst place one should not
> go to.

What you have stated is only the thennAcharya(thenkalai) viewpoint on
kaivalyam. This discussion on this topic is beyond the scope of this list.
Needless to say, what you have stated about kaivalyam cannot be accepted by
all.

I would request you to re-check with your achAryan about what you stated in
your previous mail.

Regards,

Malolan Cadambi
Austin,TX

Note from Moderator:  On the comment of SrI Malolan Cadambi on kaivalyam, I would like to suggest that ideas of the different kalai's can be shared, as long as it is clarified that this is the position of the particular kalai.  If the original writer does not know that a particular position is adopted by only one of the kalai's, the others can point out the fact in a spirit of sharing of information and knowledge.  I would prefer not to cut out all reference to any kalai-oriented position, since then we will not learn.  The intent should be not to force only one position as the "correct" one.).